Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TMI

Too much information. We live in the information age, but sometimes it can be too much. In my school, the previous years teachers send "Notes to Next Year's Teacher" and we get them at the beginning of school. I really have a rough time with this because I know that they are just trying to help us by giving us some information. I usually try to ignore them for a few weeks until I can get a good idea of the kids that I have. This year I couldn't because many of the notes had issues that would need immediate attention, like IEPs and 504s. I was worried that it would completely jade my view of these kids. I was told to look at them, and I did.

I read them and was not surprised, that some of these kids would need a lot of help. I was afraid that I would have a preconceived notion about these kids. I really try not to judge and I am glad that I didn't. These kids are amazing. Moral of the story: Don't judge. I hate when people judge me. Do you feel the same way? How do you deal with judgement?

No comments:

Post a Comment